Maluti FET College Bursaries
The aim of the unit is to provide financial support to students who are academically performing yet financially needy.
1. IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
The college does not offer bursaries to students but, the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) does via the DHET TVET Bursary scheme. National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) administers bursary applications on behalf of the DHET through TVET colleges.
No ONE is guaranteed the bursary. Only those who meet the set criteria by the DHET Bursary guideline 2015 will; subject to the availability of funds (The full copy of the guideline can be downloaded from www.nsfas.co.za)
Please respect the deadlines and submit the correctly completed forms with sufficient, truthful and valid documents to precipitate the processing of your forms.
2. CRITERIA FOR AWARDING BURSARIES
Only South African citizens are eligible for this bursary scheme
A student must be registered on an NC (V) at the college OR Report 191/NATED programme at the college.
Bursaries are awarded to academically deserving (good performance) yet financially needy (poor) students. Note that Means Test will be administered to every student to assess the financial neediness. This means that students who may qualify WILL NOT necessarily receive the same bursary amount.
3. MINIMUM DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
The campus at which you intend studying will provide you with list of documents required when applying for the bursary but, please note the following:
Certified copies of documents that are older than three months will not be accepted and your bursary forms will not be taken.
Salary advice slips of parents or guardian must not be older that three months or else, your bursary forms will not be taken.
Affidavits of parents or guardian who are unemployed must be made by such parents or guardian otherwise, your bursary forms will not be taken. (All affidavits that are to be discovered to be falsified, even at the later stage OR when bursary has been allocated, WILL AUTOMATICALLY disqualify the candidate and a criminal case and/ or other severe penalties will be filed to that effect).
To returning students, note that:
Priority is given to level 2 and level 3 students who have performed well academically in the previous year who progress to the next level according to college guideline on progression (i.e. one must pass 5/7 subject for NCV and ¾ subjects for R191)
Priority is given to N1 – N5 students who have performed well academically in the previous semester / trimester who progress to the next level according to college guideline on progression (i.e. one must pass 5/7 subject for NCV and ¾ subjects for R191)
NCV bursaries may be awarded up to a maximum of four years of continuous study to allow students to complete any outstanding subjects. Note that should you qualify, only the amount per failed subject (s) will be paid.
Report 191 bursaries may be awarded up to a maximum of four semester / trimester of continuous study to allow students to complete any outstanding subjects. Note that should you qualify, only the amount per failed subject (s) will be paid.
NB: Students who change programs within NCV or Report 191 N1-N3 and vice-versa during the course of study do not qualify for bursary. Those who switch streams (from Report 191 N1-N3 to NCV and vice-versa still DO NOT qualify. Students who complete Report 191 N4-N6 and intend to enroll for another Report 191 N1 to N6 programme still do not qualify for bursary.
Only bursary recipients who complete NCV Level 4 are eligible for financial assistance should they want to enroll for Report 191 N4-N6.
4. TRAVELING AND ACCOMMODATION ALLOWANCES
Students who reside outside a radius of 10 kilometers, may qualify for transport allowance (proof of taxi or bus fare must be provided), subject to the availability of funds.
Students who reside outside a radius of 40 kilometers, may qualify for accommodation allowance (proof of lease agreement needed), subject to the availability of funds.
STUDENTS CANNOT QUALIFY FOR BOTH TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
To successful bursary application, tuition fee will be prioritized and if there is available funding, then accommodation and transport will be considered for qualifying students.
No refunds will be given back to students if there is money left after the student account is settled. Any unused funds must be returned to NSFAS.
Verification of residential addresses for students who qualified for accommodation or transport will be conducted and if one is found to have defrauded the DHET, serious measures will be taken.
Make sure that upon submitting your bursary forms with complete documents, you receive a receipt as proof. KEEP IT SAFE AS IT WILL BE THE ONLY KEY FOR RECEING PROPER ASSISTANCE SHOULD THERE BE QUIRIES ARISING FROM YOUR APPLICATION.
See Also :
- Buffalo City FET College Bursary
- Goldfields FET College Bursary
- Northern Cape Urban FET College Bursary
- Port Elizabeth FET College Bursary
- Motheo FET College Bursary
- Northern Cape Rural FET College Bursary
- East Cape Midlands FET College Bursary
- Lovedale FET College Bursary
- Flavius Mareka FET College Bursary
- King Sabatha Dalindyebo FET College Bursary
- West Coast FET College Bursary
- Ingwe FET College Bursary
- Boland FET College Bursary
- Ikhala FET College Bursary
- Vuselela FET College Bursary
- South Cape FET College Bursary
- King Hintsa FET College Bursary
- Orbit FET College Bursary
- Northlink FET College Bursary
- FET College of Cape Town Bursary
- False Bay FET College Bursary
- Tshwane South FET College Bursary
- Mthashana FET College Bursary
- Tshwane North FET College Bursary
- Umfolozi FET College Bursary
- Ekurhuleni West FET College Bursary
- Majuba FET College Bursary
- Lephalale FET College Bursary
- South West Gauteng FET College Bursary
- Mnambithi FET College Bursary
- Capricorn FET College Bursary
- Central Johannesburg FET College Bursary
- Elangeni FET College Bursary
- Waterberg FET College Bursary
- East FET College Bursary
- Coastal KZN FET College Bursary
- Vhembe FET College Bursary
- Sedibeng FET College Bursary
- Mopani South East FET College Bursary
- Western FET College Bursary
- Esayidi FET College Bursary
- Sekhukhune FET College Bursary
- Nkangala FET College Bursary
- Gert Sibande FET College
- Ehlanzeni FET College Bursary
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT NSFAS Application
- University of Limpopo NSFAS Application
- University of Pretoria NSFAS Application
- Central University of Technology CUT NSFAS Application
- University of South Africa UNISA NSFAS Application
- Durban Institute of Technology DUT NSFAS Application
- University of Stellenbosch NSFAS Application
- Mangosuthu Technikon NSFAS Application
- University of the Free State UFS NSFAS Application
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NMMU NSFAS Application
- University of the Western Cape UWC NSFAS Application
- North-West University NWU NSFAS Application
- University of the Witwatersrand WITS NSFAS Application
- Rhodes University NSFAS Application
- University of Venda NSFAS Application *
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT NSFAS Application
- University of Zululand NSFAS Application
- University of Cape Town UCT NSFAS Application
- Vaal University of Technology VUT NSFAS Application
- University of Fort Hare UFH NSFAS Application
- Walter Sisulu University WSU NSFAS Application
- University of Johannesburg NSFAS Application
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN NSFAS Application
- FET and TVET College Bursaries in South Africa