TUT Merit Bursaries for New Entrant First-year students
- These bursaries are made available to newcomer students who enrol for a National Diploma or a B Tech degree at the University for the first time after Grade 12.
- Only South African citizens qualify for these bursaries.
- Students who enrol for non-subsidised courses, do not qualify for these bursaries.
- A student only qualifies for the bursary if they register for all the modules of a specific course.
- Students who have studied at other universities and those students who have already studied at the University and who are undergraduate students again, do not qualify for these bursaries.
- Allocations are made annually and should a student cancel their registration in the year they receive the award they will forfeit the allocation.
- Eligibility is determined by the average percentage of each subject on the Grade 12 certificate which will provide an accumulated discount based on the subjects passed on a certain level.
Criteria and the value of bursaries to be determined by the FAC annually:
|CRITERIA||VALUE OF DISCOUNT PER SUBJECT (ALL COURSES)|
|≥ 85%||To be determined annually|
|75% to 84%||To be determined annually|