University of Cape Town UCT Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship
- are valued at R40 000 per annum
- it is an entrance scholarship and are not awarded in addition to faculty & Entrance scholarships
- are valid for three years, subject to a recipient being named on the Dean’s Merit List in his/her faculty, at the levels specified by the faculty
A Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship will be offered to an applicant if:
- s/he is among the top ten Mathematics Olympiad, English and Computer Science Olympiad winners
- s/he attends a WCED school , and in the 2016 NSC examination achieves among the top 10 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT
- s/he attends a school outside of the Western Cape, writes the NSC administered by the Department of Basic Education, and is among the top 15 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT ,
- s/he attends an Independent Examination Board (IEB) school and writes the NSC , and s/he is among the top 5, UCT applicants in this category.
Process of awarding scholarships
Scholarships are, in most cases, awarded after the final examination results are received, in January . Recipients are informed by email correspondence.