University of Zululand Online Application Form
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle.
Students may apply on the hard-copy paper application obtainable from the university or from the Central Applications Office (CAO), or they may download a copy of the application form from the link provided here or they may apply online using the same link <click here>Students wishing to apply via a paper-based application, download the application form, print and complete it, and post it back with the required necessary documentation, and signatures to:
Students wishing to apply online may do so via the Central Applications Office.
For more information, click here.
The application fees vary depending on whether you intend to start studying in January or July
- Local students pay a non-refundable application fee of R200. Students applying and/or paying from 01 November must pay the late application fee and will be charged at R400. The single application fee of R200 allows you to apply for 6 programmes, or to six institutions in KZN, including UNIZULU, DUT, MUT, UKZN, Umfolozi TVET College, Elangeni TVET College, Majuba TVET College, and 13 Private Colleges in KZN.
- International students pay a general, non-refundable application fee of R250, and in the case of a late application, R500.
Methods of Payment:
- Using your unique EasyPay number on your application form you can pay at any EasyPay outlet, eg. Checkers, Shoprite, Pick N Pay, etc. or by Postal Order, or by credit card on the CAO website.
- Postal Orders must be made payable to: Central Applications Office
After you have been successfully accepted, you need to pay the minimum initial registration deposit 4 days before registration (the banking details are the same as above).
All our programmes are listed in the CAO Handbook, which also tells you which documents you must submit.Submitting Results and Documents
Students need to submit the following documents with their application:
- Certified Copy of ID
- Matric results
- Proof of payment of application fee
- Diploma or Degree certificate (if available)
- Academic record (if you have studied at another tertiary institution)
Additional documents for international students:
- Valid passport and study permit/student Visa
- SAQA verification certificate
- Proof of financial means (e.g. bank statements, bursaries, cash available, etc)
Current Grade 12 learners must ensure that their Final Grade 11 examination results are submitted as soon as they apply and that their Grade 12 mid-year and September examination results are submitted as soon as they become available.. Failure to do such may result in delays within the student’s application process. You might find that you applied early in Grade 12 and thus only sent in your final Grade 11 results. If this is true, as the year progresses and you receive more results keep sending them through to UNIZULU, that way they will have all your results by the time finals come around.
Transferring students should too ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible as well as that a final transcript of current studies being undertaken reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible after receipt.
Once you have applied, keep a look out for your acceptance and/or provisional acceptance letter.Once you have applied, keep a look out for your acceptance and/or provisional acceptance letter. You are encouraged to monitor your application status at all times, and can do so here. Or you can call our automated call centre at any time on: 0860 860 226. The service is available 24/7.
Dates to remember:
Most programmes close 30 September, but some may close earlier. Check for programme closing dates. Application Dates, please visit here.
Last date for the on-time fee of R200 for all programmes is 31 October.
From 01 November the “Late Application Fee” of R400 must be paid.
late applications accepted subject to available space
Switchboard for Main Campus: +27 (0)35 902 6000
Switchboard for Richard’s Bay Campus: +27 (0)35 902 6006
After you have applied, you can contact the CAO to find out about your application status.
Admissions Office and CAO:CAO Call centre number: 0860 860 226