Vodacom Bursary in South Africa 2020
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Vodacom was founded in 1994 and is currently one of the leading mobile communications companies in Southern Africa. Apart from its origin, South Africa, Vodacom also provides services to more than 40 African countries.
The Vodacom bursary scheme was initiated in 1999 and has awarded over 1000 bursaries since its inception. Students are selected from disadvantaged backgrounds who show great potential in the ICT and engineering sectors. Career Wise are responsible for administering the Vodacom bursary.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
With the hopes of bridging the gap in the market for ICT skills (which are currently in great shortage in South Africa), Vodacom offers 50 students the chance to achieve their dreams in the ICT (information and communications technology) field.
Bursaries are awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within the following fields:
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Information Systems,
- Electronic Engineering/ Electrical Engineering (Light current),
- *any degrees or diplomas in similar fields of study.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Not older than 25 years of age,
- Have a maximum household income of R150 000 per annum,
- Achieve a minimum “C” symbol in Science and Mathematics (Higher Grade),
- Successfully complete Matric with an exemption,
- Intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate degree/ diploma at a South African tertiary institution,
- Current 1st year students may also apply if they meet the above criteria, and they are enrolled in a recognised South African tertiary institution.
PS: Preference shall be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
Online at: http://www.careerwise.co.za/index.php?pg=application_forms
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2017)
By downloading and completing the Vodacom Bursary Application Form (pdf).
If you are applying via the application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
30 June annually
If you would like any further information regarding this bursary award or if you have any queries, please contact:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now