Water Affairs Bursaries 2020
Do you love the outdoors, nature and all it has to offer? Do biology and science make you excited?
Would you love to learn about water purification and usages, about the laws pertaining to our environment and the earth’s structure?
If any of these are what you desire, then the Department of Water Affairs may be the ideal place for you! Also, if you are in need of funding to peruse your dreams, to complete your studies, the Department of Water Affairs may be able to help you with a bursary. When your fields of interest lies within Environment studies, Microbiology, Engineering, Chemistry and more, you are at the right place.
The Department offers talented, young individuals the opportunity for further study via their bursary program. This is for full-time studies towards a qualification within a specific field. Candidates who receive these bursaries will have the following covered by the Department:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Residence fees
- Meal fees
- Book or study material allowance
- A personal allowance
Candidates who receive bursaries from the Department of Water Affairs will be required to join the companies Water Learning Academy, upon completion of their qualification. This will be on a fixed term basis not exceeding 5 years, and no less than 3 years. If the candidate decides, that they no longer want to be part of this program after completion of their studies, they will be held responsible for payment of all bursary funding, plus interests back to the Department.
The following South African Institutes of Higher Learning is accepted by the Department, in respect to their bursary program:
- Rhodes University
- Pretoria University
- Cape Town University
- Western Cape University
- Stellenbosch University
- Limpopo University
- Free State University
- Kwa-Zulu Natal University
- Walter Sisulu University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Venda University
- Witwatersrand University
- Johannesburg University
- Zululand University
- The University of Technology Vaal
- Durban University of Technology
- University of Technology Tshwane
- Central University of Technology
- University of Technology Cape Peninsula
WATER AFFAIRS BURSARIES AVAILABLE
If you are planning to study into one of the following directions, the bursaries offered by the Department is just what you need.
Fields available to study
- Analytical Chemistry
- Aquatic Science
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Heavy Currents
- Geographical Information Systems
- Environmental Science
- Law – Environmental
- Environmental Management
- Water Care
- Utilization of Water
- Sanitation and Water
- Resource Management
WATER AFFAIRS BURSARIES REQUIREMENTS
If you are currently in grade 12 or studying towards one of the above-mentioned fields, you may apply if you meet all other requirements.
To study in one of the fields offered by the Department, candidates will require the following:
- Grade 12 level of education
- Proficient in English (read, write & speak)
- Be a South African citizen
- Possess a valid South African ID document
- Have proof of acceptance from an Institute of Higher Learning
- If studying, provide academic records
Candidates need to attach certified copies of all documentation, please keep original, and only provide certified copies.
Documentation required to accompany your application are as follow:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- ID document
- Registration letter / acceptance letter from Institute of Higher Learning
- Proof of application to such Institutes
- ID documents of parents / guardian
- Proof of income of parents / guardian
- If studying, please submit record of academic results, including yearly marks, percentages or symbols
Bursaries that are awarded will be based on a balance in accordance with the following:
- The financial need of candidates
- Academic performances of candidates
- Race and gender
- The need within the company for each specific field
Once a short-list is made of successful candidates, these will be invited for an interview.
Bursaries that are awarded will be revised each year, thus, bursaries are renewed year to year, depending on the performance of each candidate.
WATER AFFAIRS BURSARIES APPLICATION
Bursaries online applications are not available. You can apply for your bursary by downloading and completing this form. Please include your latest school results and certified copy of your ID, as well as all documentation as stated above. Visit their website for more information or their Learning Page.
Submit this form, fully completed along with certified documentation to:
Department of Water Affairs
Private Bag X313
Alternatively, forms can also be e-mailed to:
WATER AFFAIRS BURSARIES CLOSING DATE
These Water Affairs bursaries open the 1st of April each year for applications for the following year and then close the end of July of that same year. Bursaries will be awarded for study the following year.
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now