Wits University Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships
University Entrance Scholarships are awarded to students on the basis of the NSC admission point score (APS) as follows:
- If you achieve an APS of 51 or above (excluding Life Orientation) you will receive R42000.
- If you achieve an APS between 48 and 50 (excluding Life Orientation) you will receive R30000
- If you achieve an APS between 45 and 47 (excluding Life Orientation) you will receive R15000
- If you achieve an APS between 43 and 44 (excluding Life Orientation) you will receive R10000
Conditions apply. These include:
- The Scholarship is for a maximum of six (designated and non-designated) subjects only and excludes Life Orientation.
Remarks must be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre by 30th September.
A gap year will only be honoured for one year and students must submit an affidavit or proof of what the student did in the gap year. This must be submitted to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
Applicants writing the Cambridge A & AS-Level or International Baccalaureate Qualification, will receive a scholarship for the number of A and B symbols achieved on a sliding scale ranging from R5 000 up to a maximum of R30 000.
NB: Students cannot be awarded the Vice-Chancellor Scholarship, the VC Equality Scholarship or Entrance Scholarship at the same time.
See Also :